Shared by setalosas
nagyon finom a wireddel, nem kene. appok, persze. mindenkeppen.
Oh how the Bay Area culture loves to make technology a life-and-death struggle. Things that were never alive in the first place, like the web and RSS are said to be "dead." I think it's hubris and bad karma to be in the business of pronouncing things dead. That's the province of a higher being . Us mortals, well we do die. I'd hate to have my last words be that something or someone else is dead.
Anyway, to paraphrase the famous fictitious Met, Chico Escuela, "The web been berry berry good to me." So rather than say bad things about Wired and magazines, I thought I'd start a list of nice things about the web. If you'd like to make a contribution, leave a comment, or link to a blog post of your own that says something nice about the web.
1. The web is where I read about the web being dead.
2. I can write what I want on the web and Steve Jobs doesn't have a say in it.
4. If I want to write more than 140 characters on the web, I can damn well do it. (78 characters.)
5. The web allows for graphics. That's how I was able to paste in the beautiful picture of a cupcake in the right margin.
6. The web also makes reciprocity easy, that's why I linked to places you can buy cupcakes or books about cupcakes. These are all things that can make you happy.
7. Corporate media is filled with lies and lunacy. But making it possible for me to seek the information I want without anyone telling me what I want the web makes it possible for me to get more nourishing news and information, and other points of view. Before the web, well it was a lot worse. A lot.
More to come!